- Rural Community Transformation, under this pillar, CDI will construct modern houses for people in remote areas, upgrade some infrastructure like schools, hospitals, markets and one stop women empowerment centers. Agribusiness will be another component under this pillar, production, processing and value addition will form part of this agriculture component in the project.
- Income generation, (Under this pillar, Small and Medium scale businesses will be assisted with information through which they can use to promote their businesses and be able to export while contributing to the country’s social-economic development through exports.
- Health (Maternity, HIV/AIDS and Covid 19) and
- Water and sanitation (drilling of boreholes as a way of making clean water accessible to all and finally construction of mosques around the communities.
CDI will receive and accept donations, subscriptions and gifts of any kind for the purposes of CDI upon such terms and conditions as the Board of Trustees shall decide;
- to collaborate with the Government’s own executing agency, or any authority, local or otherwise, or any person or company that may seem to be conducive to the objects of CDI; and
- to pay for any rights or property required by the CDI and remunerate any person, organization or company whether by cash payment or otherwise as may seem expedient.
The mission of the CDI Trust is to eradicate poverty by building empowered, independent, secure, safe, self-reliant and resilient rural communities across Malawi.
We do this by achieving a radical transformation in housing that serves as a catalyst for other critical investments to improve health, education, social and economic outcomes equitably and at scale.
Our Main Objective
The general objective for which CDI is established is to eradicate poverty by building empowered, resilient rural communities across Malawi.